Its been awhile since the last update.. so there is a lot to catch up on. Since the last update there has been some painting, some assembling, lots of drywall, a little flooring and some more painting. (Be prepared it may be a little wordy, but Ill add lots of pictures for those of you like me)
The drywall in the house is now complete. We went with a smooth finish as opposed to texture to keep with our sleek modern look. And of course, like most of our decisions, we chose the one that is the most difficult. Since every ding will show, we had to be extra careful not to hit the wall and always keep some mud handy.
The next step was to paint, we chose a light grey for the main walls, and a dark grey for the beams (which we recently re-painted since the first color choice was no bueno.) We are happy with our choices… for now. Paint choices have by far been the hardest decisions for me, and after re-painting our front door and the interior beams, I feel a little like I am fullfilling Sherwin Williams motto: Paint the World. Oh by the way, we have to re-paint both our front door and storage room door. (FYI: don’t just use the sample paint you get from Sherwin Williams, it wont hold up.. Yay for round 3 of painting our door!)
Here is the final drywall before we sprayed the primer. Notice the darker beams, as opposed to the not so eye-pleasing greenish beams below. We are much happier with the darker beam choice. (Also, check out the exposed duct work)
The beam color before we came to our decorating senses.
We decided to spray the walls to save some time, but since we did go with a smooth finish we had to back roll during the process to prevent a rough texture from emerging. Here is Kent and Tyler doing just that:
Lots of painting has been going on, so Tyler and I’s “date nights” now are spent working on the house. Here is us after our date night theme “Dinner and a little role play” (Alien vs. Predator style)
We also accomplished some of the prep work for our flooring in our bottom two containers. In the entryway, laundry and utility room container we poured a self leveling concrete floor and in our master bedroom/closet we layed 3/4th inch recycled plywood. In the master bath we installed in-floor electric heating and then poured self leveling concrete to prepare for the tile. Our bathroom also has a few more updates, including: durarock installation in the shower surround, and the plumbing for our shower head and sprayers. Our tub was also put in place upstairs.
Before (entryway/laundry/utility room)
Here is Tyler pouring the self-leveling concrete.
While Kent and I (mainly Kent) mixed it up. (sorry about the picture, it was dark outside.)
The finish product, it is now ready for cork.
This is the master bedroom and closet floor before the plywood.
Tyler cutting the plywood
Here is the dirty plywood floor (Since it was re-used), Tyler’s mom recently cleaned it for us, so it is almost ready for cork.
Here is the shower plumbling: There are two body sprayers, a shower head, and a rain shower in our master shower.
The durarock in the shower
Oh! Exciting news… I assembled our Ikea patio furniture over the weekend, and it looks great. Now we have a spot to eat when we are working on the house, instead of using un-ordinary things for our chair and tables, like a paint bucket and a step ladder.
Can’t wait till we live here so we can enjoy this deck.
The deck is still not complete, we have purchased our railing and should be starting on that soon.
Now some decorating decisions! Check out our bathroom tile..
The pebble tile will be the floor tile in our shower, and the larger light grey tile will be our wall tile in our shower and around the stall area. The glass tile is our accent tile, and the dark grey is our main floor tile.
Im sure there are other updates I am forgetting about, but the next time I have time to post again I’ll add them in. As for the next post.. it should hopefully include: bathroom tile, kitchen install, and lighting.